Comet Release Notes
Version 18, May 26, 2020
- Navigation icon size limits revised.
- Updated jQuery.
- Corrected warning message window location.
Version 17, May 11, 2020
- Option to use two different Google fonts in an album.
Version 16.1, Apr. 30, 2020
- A fix for a bug in the Highslide JS script that was causing poor image transitions.
Version 16, Apr. 28, 2020
- All pages produced by the skin now include an HTML lang attribute. It's helpful for search engines, for browser translations, and in some cases for choosing correct typography. It defaults to the language you have chosen for jAlbum, but you may choose another. See the Misc settings tab. If the language code for the predominant language in your album is not in the list, you may enter any of the standard codes manually.
Version 15, Mar. 6, 2020
- A fix for unwanted link underlining in the folder menu.
Version 14, Mar. 3, 2020
- Unneeded functionality removed from Highslide JS script, for faster loading.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
Version 13, Feb. 15, 2020
- Unsupported objects are now excluded from the project, with a warning message.
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
Version 12, Jan. 31, 2020
- Default text decoration on embedded links changed.
Version 11, Dec. 21, 2019
- When displaying maps, option to enable or disable the Google street view, which is billed at twice the rate of other map views.
Version 10, Nov. 14, 2019
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
Version 9, Sep. 17, 2019
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
Version 8, Aug. 20, 2019
- A warning popup is provided if the skin turns off chained directories.
- Updated jQuery.
- Changed About tab link to release notes.
- Last traces of IE-specific code removed.
- A warning popup is provided if you try to use jAlbum widgets, which are not supported in this skin.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 15/16
Version 7, Jun. 11, 2019
- To improve page rendering speed on slow connections, a font display attribute has been added to calls to Google Fonts.
- Revised routine for URL-encoding homepage link.
Version 6, Dec. 5, 2018
- Option to specify a font variant - either "normal" or "small-caps" - for all text elements.
Version 5, Aug. 6, 2018
- Some tweaks to keep IE11 working.
Version 4, Jun. 24, 2018
- Option to place the folder menu on the left or right.
- Some code cleanup.
Version 3, May 4, 2018
- More efficient coding for calling up a Google map page.
- Updated jQuery.
- Added skin page link to About tab.
Version 2, Apr. 6, 2018
- Support for displaying Google maps. May be selected for the entire album project, or just for specific images.
- Improved layout on small displays (smartphones, for example) - image positioning, long album titles, and wide folder menus.
- Improvements in the page dimming when a folder menu is revealed.
- Loading spinner replaced with larger, textless version.
- Choice of black or white loading spinner.
- Album build is aborted if you've chosen Link to originals via scaled images, which is not supported by the skin.
- Replacement of some of the user interface logos to improve usability with the "Darcula" look-and-feel.
Version 1, Mar. 30, 2018
- Initial release.
- This skin uses the Highslide JS script to create a slideshow. It does not produce a thumbnail page.
- Title bar displays the album or folder title, a home link, an uplink from folders, and a menu of folders.
- Displays JPG, PNG, and GIF images.
- No set styles, just simple color controls for body, box, and text colors.
- Control over caption content - file title (optionally the name if no title entered), file comment, both, or neither.
- Option to include a sliding thumbnail strip on the image page.
- Option to select a font family, to include a Google font, and to include a WOFF file.
- Option to select font size, weight, and style for each design element.
- Option to insert a favicon link, a meta description, a meta robots tag, and Google Analytics code.
- CSS and HTML code may be inserted into the finished albums via entries in the user interface.
- Fully responsive to the viewport size.
- Produces code that passes W3C validation as HTML5 and CSS3.