Jupiter Release Notes
Version 12, Mar. 29, 2020
- Option to place the folder thumbnails after the image thumbnails, rather than before.
- Some changes to settings limits.
Version 11, Mar. 20, 2020
- Instead of calculating the maximum width of the thumbnail table based on image bounds, borders, and column counts, the skin now provides a simple "Max table width" setting. Since the thumbnail table is responsive to the width of the viewport, wrapping thumbnails as needed, using column counts made no sense. When opening an older project, the skin tries to approximate the setting for the width of the thumbnail table. The result will be close, rather than exact, so review the results when re-making the album.
- Simplified handling of non-banner style theme images. Because of internal changes, the apparent size of theme images in older projects will change slightly, so review the results when re-making the album.
- Because the skin is no longer using the cols and rows settings on the Pages tab in jAlbum, those fields are disabled.
- It is still possible to generate multiple index pages (index.html, index2.html, index3.html, and so on). Instead of using cols and rows, there is now a skin setting for Max objects per page. When opening an older project, this setting is automatically set to the correct value. If the existing project specified 6 columns and 4 rows, for example, the Max objects per page is set to 24.
- Option to float the thumbnails, with their captions appearing to the side of each image. Thumbnails can be floated left or right, caption width and alignment can be selected, and a colored thumbnail surround may be chosen. On a small display the float is removed and the captions are centered below the thumbnails.
- Some default settings changes.
- A fix for a missing tooltip.
Version 10, Mar. 1, 2020
- The skin now accepts YouTube links in the simple "share" form that YouTube provides: for example, https://youtu.be/Bj-7LxpF9dA. The more complicated "embed" forms of the URL are still accepted, as well.
- Adjusted threshold for appearance of the "top of page" icon.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
- Chained directories are now automatically disabled. There are too many unsolved problems with this option, and they cause albums with "page not found" errors.
Version 9, Feb. 15, 2020
- Improved positioning of navigation icons on slide pages, now set to be roughly the same spread as on the thumbnail page.
- Improved positioning of globe and download icons on slide pages, and close-globe icon on map pages.
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video, audio, YouTube, Vimeo, and PDF display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- Adjustments to the map display layout.
- Background color for the "new" overlay changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code > CSS setting panel.
- Background color for the image padding when using the Custom style changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code > CSS setting panel. If your project was using the default setting of transparent image padding, or was using a solid color, no adjustment is necessary.
- Thumbstrip display on slide pages removed when viewing on a smartphone.
- Option to remove the metadata display on slide pages when viewing on a smartphone.
- Default image bounds changed.
- A fix for an error in the slide page responsiveness when a thumbstrip is being shown.
- Various small bug fixes.
Version 8.2, Feb. 1, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file with a poster image.
Version 8.1, Jan. 31, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file without a poster image.
Version 8, Jan. 18, 2020
- Swipe detection removed from info page. This produced only a slight benefit for mobile visitors, while interfering with other functionality on the page.
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- If the skin is used to create an "album of albums," it doesn't generate or load unneeded image-handling scripts and icons.
- Some code cleanup for more efficient album creation and easier maintenance.
Version 7, Dec. 21, 2019
- When displaying maps, option to enable or disable the Google street view, which is billed at twice the rate of other map views.
- Option to autoplay videos removed. This is now blocked by all major browsers.
- Updated TouchSwipe script.
Version 6, Nov. 14, 2019
- Option to loop slides. If selected, hitting "next" on the last slide returns to the first slide, and vice-versa.
- Swipe detection removed from slide pages for videos. This worked only in some browsers on some platforms, and caused usability problems in others.
- Color gradients on the page body restored on mobile devices. This was removed in version 4 because of problems with Chrome for Android. Chrome 80 fixes the bug.
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
- Some changes to the settings tab layouts.
Version 5, Nov. 1, 2019
- An updated version of the jAlbum ConstrainRatioFilter.
- Default setting for thumbnail constrain aspect ratio set to true.
- Modified internal handling of the values for the ConstrainRatioFilter, so they can be targeted with user variables.
Version 4, Sep. 17, 2019
- Improved handling of title bar logo images.
- Option to autoplay audio files removed. All browsers now block this.
- Color gradients on the page body misbehave badly in some mobile browsers, including Chrome, so the skin now removes the gradient on small displays.
- If a GIF file is included in the album project, the original file is used for the slide page, regardless of jAlbum settings. This preserves GIF animations.
- Better positioning of globe and download icons on small displays.
- Some corrected small display breakpoints.
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
- Some default settings changes.
Version 3, Sep. 3, 2019
- Reworked positioning of thumbnail captions.
- A fix for unwanted thumbnail spacing doubling.
- A fix for unwanted border doubling when using zero thumbnail spacing.
- Some pre-processing eliminated and replaced with dynamic layout adjustments upon album viewing.
- Simplified options for inclusion of a title bar logo image, and to make it a link to the album home or to an external site.
- Option to include the title bar logo on an info page.
- Corrected treatment of a title bar logo image on small displays.
- A warning popup is provided if you choose a theme image height that may be too short for the title bar contents (title, description, logo).
- Minor code cleanup.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 15/16
Version 2, Aug. 20, 2019
- Improvements to layout when not using fixed shape thumbnails.
- Added a Dark style.
- Changed About tab link to release notes.
- A warning popup is provided if you try to use jAlbum widgets, which are not supported in this skin.
- Some resource scripts combined for faster page loading.
- Minor bug fixes and code cleanup.
Version 1.1, Aug. 9, 2019
- A fix for the responsiveness script on map displays.
Version 1, Aug. 9, 2019
- Initial release.
- This skin is a fork from the Gromit skin.
- A variety of problematic features in Gromit have been left behind, including breadcrumb trails, link buttons, side- and top-mounted captions, body background images (other than simple texture graphics), multiple responsiveness modes, and widget support. Most other Gromit features are still present, though some options have been simplified.
- Support for PDF's is much better than is the case in Gromit (though it does not work in local preview - a PDF page can be viewed only from a server). At the same time, support for other web-page-unfriendly objects (Word documents, zip files, and so on) has been removed.
- The slide responsiveness script has been extensively reworked, to make better use of the limited display space on smartphones.
- The styles from Gromit have been added to, heavily revised, and in some cases removed.