Jupiter Release Notes
Version 9, Feb. 15, 2020
- Improved positioning of navigation icons on slide pages, now set to be roughly the same spread as on the thumbnail page.
- Improved positioning of globe and download icons on slide pages, and close-globe icon on map pages.
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video, audio, YouTube, Vimeo, and PDF display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- Adjustments to the map display layout.
- Background color for the "new" overlay changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code > CSS setting panel.
- Background color for the image padding when using the Custom style changed from an alpha channel color to a regular color. If your project was using an alpha channel (semi-transparent) color for this, you might need to change the color when making the album for the first time with this version of the skin. You can also provide a semi-transparent color by using the skin's Code > CSS setting panel. If your project was using the default setting of transparent image padding, or was using a solid color, no adjustment is necessary.
- Thumbstrip display on slide pages removed when viewing on a smartphone.
- Option to remove the metadata display on slide pages when viewing on a smartphone.
- Default image bounds changed.
- A fix for an error in the slide page responsiveness when a thumbstrip is being shown.
- Various small bug fixes.
Version 8.2, Feb. 1, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file with a poster image.
Version 8.1, Jan. 31, 2020
- Fix for a slide page size error when displaying an audio file without a poster image.
Version 8, Jan. 18, 2020
- Swipe detection removed from info page. This produced only a slight benefit for mobile visitors, while interfering with other functionality on the page.
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- If the skin is used to create an "album of albums," it doesn't generate or load unneeded image-handling scripts and icons.
- Some code cleanup for more efficient album creation and easier maintenance.
Version 7, Dec. 21, 2019
- When displaying maps, option to enable or disable the Google street view, which is billed at twice the rate of other map views.
- Option to autoplay videos removed. This is now blocked by all major browsers.
- Updated TouchSwipe script.
Version 6, Nov. 14, 2019
- Option to loop slides. If selected, hitting "next" on the last slide returns to the first slide, and vice-versa.
- Swipe detection removed from slide pages for videos. This worked only in some browsers on some platforms, and caused usability problems in others.
- Color gradients on the page body restored on mobile devices. This was removed in version 4 because of problems with Chrome for Android. Chrome 80 fixes the bug.
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
- Some changes to the settings tab layouts.
Version 5, Nov. 1, 2019
- An updated version of the jAlbum ConstrainRatioFilter.
- Default setting for thumbnail constrain aspect ratio set to true.
- Modified internal handling of the values for the ConstrainRatioFilter, so they can be targeted with user variables.
Version 4, Sep. 17, 2019
- Improved handling of title bar logo images.
- Option to autoplay audio files removed. All browsers now block this.
- Color gradients on the page body misbehave badly in some mobile browsers, including Chrome, so the skin now removes the gradient on small displays.
- If a GIF file is included in the album project, the original file is used for the slide page, regardless of jAlbum settings. This preserves GIF animations.
- Better positioning of globe and download icons on small displays.
- Some corrected small display breakpoints.
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
- Some default settings changes.
Version 3, Sep. 3, 2019
- Reworked positioning of thumbnail captions.
- A fix for unwanted thumbnail spacing doubling.
- A fix for unwanted border doubling when using zero thumbnail spacing.
- Some pre-processing eliminated and replaced with dynamic layout adjustments upon album viewing.
- Simplified options for inclusion of a title bar logo image, and to make it a link to the album home or to an external site.
- Option to include the title bar logo on an info page.
- Corrected treatment of a title bar logo image on small displays.
- A warning popup is provided if you choose a theme image height that may be too short for the title bar contents (title, description, logo).
- Minor code cleanup.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 15/16
Version 2, Aug. 20, 2019
- Improvements to layout when not using fixed shape thumbnails.
- Added a Dark style.
- Changed About tab link to release notes.
- A warning popup is provided if you try to use jAlbum widgets, which are not supported in this skin.
- Some resource scripts combined for faster page loading.
- Minor bug fixes and code cleanup.
Version 1.1, Aug. 9, 2019
- A fix for the responsiveness script on map displays.
Version 1, Aug. 9, 2019
- Initial release.
- This skin is a fork from the Gromit skin.
- A variety of problematic features in Gromit have been left behind, including breadcrumb trails, link buttons, side- and top-mounted captions, body background images (other than simple texture graphics), multiple responsiveness modes, and widget support. Most other Gromit features are still present, though some options have been simplified.
- Support for PDF's is much better than is the case in Gromit (though it does not work in local preview - a PDF page can be viewed only from a server). At the same time, support for other web-page-unfriendly objects (Word documents, zip files, and so on) has been removed.
- The slide responsiveness script has been extensively reworked, to make better use of the limited display space on smartphones.
- The styles from Gromit have been added to, heavily revised, and in some cases removed.