Mars Release Notes
Version 16, May 26, 2020
- Revised handling of navigation icons on small displays.
- Navigation icon size limits revised.
- "Top of page" icon now included on info page.
- Option to enter folder-specific top and bottom info text (text that appears above or below the thumbnails), overriding the album-level info text content. See the user's manual section on Folder Settings.
- More consistent use of CSS classes and id's.
- Update Justified Gallery.
- Updated jQuery.
- Corrected warning message window location.
- Some small CSS bug fixes.
Version 15, May 11, 2020
- Option to use two different Google fonts in an album.
Version 14, May 3, 2020
- Option to alter the size of the overlay on video thumbnails.
- Option to show an overlay on web location thumbnails.
Version 13, Apr. 26, 2020
- There is no longer a folder overlay icon on folder thumbnails.
- The small video overlay icon has been replaced by a larger, centered, semi-transparent overlay, similar to the one shown on thumbnails in the jAlbum Explore view. This can be disabled.
- If the album has a link to an external homepage entered under Album » Settings » Pages, that link is now also included on the info page, if the album has one.
- Spellchecking extended to info page title and text.
- Simplified handling of icon colors. They are now always color-matched to the neighboring text.
- Adjustments to the colors in some styles.
- Some code cleanup.
- A fix for a bug involving fixed-shape thumbnails and undersized images.
Version 12, Apr. 17, 2020
- All pages produced by the skin now include an HTML lang attribute. It's helpful for search engines, for browser translations, and in some cases for choosing correct typography. It defaults to the language you have chosen for jAlbum, but you may choose another. See the Misc settings tab. If the language code for the predominant language in your album is not in the list, you may enter any of the standard codes manually.
- New style, Chocolate.
- Fixes for a couple of small bugs.
Version 11, Mar. 29, 2020
- Option to place the folder thumbnails after the image thumbnails, rather than before.
- Simplified handling of thumbnail sizes when fixed shape thumbnails are selected. This will have the effect of making fixed shape thumbnails larger than they were in prior releases (they'll actually be shown at their correct size now), so you might want to adjust the thumbnail image bounds downward in an existing project.
- Some changes to default settings and to settings limits.
- A minor Floatbox update.
Version 10, Mar. 1, 2020
- Option to include an info page.
- Adjusted threshold for appearance of the "top of page" icon.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
Version 9, Feb. 15, 2020
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- jAlbum alpha channel color routines for title background tint replaced with eight-digit hex color codes.
Version 8.1, Feb. 9, 2020
- A fix for a bug that could result in a missing navigation icon under certain circumstances.
Version 8, Feb. 4, 2020
- Clearer theme image choices, including an option to have no theme images. This was always possible by engaging in some jAlbum user interface trickery - the new settings panel makes it more explicit and easier.
Version 7, Jan. 31, 2020
- Internal code changes.
- Corrected font family selection for slide title and comment.
Version 6, Jan. 18, 2020
- If the skin is used to create an "album of albums," it doesn't generate or load unneeded image-handling scripts and icons.
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- Corrected a harmless incorrect default value setting.
- Extensive code cleanup for more efficient album creation and easier maintenance.
Version 5.2, Jan. 9, 2020
- Corrected page title color in Blue style.
- Corrected screenshot on Custom tab.
Version 5.1, Nov. 26, 2019
- Slight change to the off-image navigation arrows to make them easier to click.
Version 5, Nov. 24, 2019
- Option to show the slide navigation arrows at the edges of the viewport, rather than overlaid on the images.
Version 4, Nov. 14, 2019
- Support for web locations added.
- Option to loop slides. If selected, hitting "next" on the last slide returns to the first slide, and vice-versa.
- Meta "robots" choices on the Misc tab clarified to remove ambiguity.
Version 3, Nov. 1, 2019
- An updated version of the jAlbum ConstrainRatioFilter.
- Modified internal handling of the values for the ConstrainRatioFilter, so they can be targeted with user variables.
- Floatbox update that handles extremely long captions somewhat better. It's still best to avoid this kind of verbosity, however.
- A Floatbox customization to avoid problems with false positives by some ad-blocking browser software.
- More selective generation of some navigation and overlay icons.
Version 2, Sep. 17, 2019
- Spell-checking added to selected input fields (requires jAlbum 18.5 or better).
- Minor CSS changes.
Version 1, Sep. 12, 2019
- Initial release.
- Choice of parallax or banner theme images.
- Produces fully responsive albums with swipe support.
- Option to use fixed-shape thumbnails or fully-justified, non-fixed-shape thumbnails.
- Larger folder thumbnails, with option to display them with spacing and aspect ratio different from regular thumbnails.
- Supports JPG's, PNG's, GIF's (including animated GIF's), and MP4's. The display of each of these objects is fully responsive.
- Support is provided for Google fonts and WOFF files.
- Allows the user to insert custom CSS and index page text from within the user interface.
- Produces valid HTML5/CSS3: supports all current browsers.