Neptune 36 User's Manual
Info: Browser Support
Neptune produces albums that display properly in most browsers.
- Standards compliance: Neptune produces valid HTML5 and CSS3 code. However, no attempt is made to ensure that user-provided code (in titles, comments, etc.) is valid.
- Current desktop browsers: All Neptune skin features are supported in the current versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.
- Other browsers: Neptune is not tested in any other browsers. Support for skin features is unknown.
- Tablet browsers: Neptune is only occasionally tested on any tablets (e.g., iPad), but all skin features should operate properly.
- Smartphones: Neptune is tested in Chrome and Firefox on an Android phone, and is occasionally tested in Chrome and Safari on an iPhone. Most skin features should operate properly. The most obvious exception is support for PDF's. Since most phone browsers don't support native display of PDF's, they can't be shown in an expander, or even opened in a new browser window or tab. The phone browser will, in most cases, download the PDF to the phone, from where it can then be opened with some other app.
- PDF's: PDF's are supported, with the exception of smartphones, as discussed above. The underlying Floatbox script will open a PDF in an expander. However, the results are somewhat dependent upon the nature of the PDF, the browser, the operating system, and the size of the viewport. In short, the results can be unpredictable. Choosing to open PDF's in a new browser window/tab is less elegant, but is by far the safer choice.
- Flash: Neptune contains no Flash.
- jAlbum integrated browser: The integrated browser in jAlbum makes a mess of the thumbnail table in some cases. You should preview your album in a real browser (Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) before concluding that there's a problem with it.
- jAlbum embedded web server: If you choose to preview your albums with Chrome, and you use the jAlbum embedded web server (see Tools/jAlbum (Windows/Mac), Preferences, General, Preview), you may see some image flickering when moving from slide to slide. This will not occur when viewing the album from a server.