NoPages Release Notes
Version 7, Feb. 25, 2019
- Option to generate thumbnails with a constrained aspect ratio (width divided by height), with the ability to specify the minimum and maximum values. This can be used to generate thumbnails for panoramic images and exceptionally tall, skinny images with less extreme aspect ratios than the originals, while still allowing more normal images to produce thumbnails in their original aspect ratios.
- Option to write file metadata to the xmp metadata fields.
Version 6, Dec. 15, 2018
- Option to generate fixed-shape thumbnails.
- Option to force processing of small images removed. This is now a jAlbum core function - see Album » Settings » Images » Advanced.
- Change to the skin.properties file: enableThumbnailLayout set to false.
- Added skin page link to About tab.
Version 5, May 18, 2017
- Option to exclude videos from all processing automatically.
- Option to exclude unsupported objects from all processing automatically (PDF's, audio files, web pages, etc.)
- Revised class packaging.
- Updated some links to user's manual pages.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 17.0.0.
Version 4, Dec. 23, 2016
- A check to ensure that the user doesn't attempt to use jAlbum HiDPI thumbnails or HiDPI images. If used in NoPages, these settings simply produce images that are twice the size of the selected image bounds, so they're pointless.
- A fix for a bug that failed to cause small images to be processed.
- Minor changes to internal coding of the user interface.
Version 3, Mar. 3, 2016
- A change to allow non-image, non-video album objects, like PDF files.
- A change to eliminate an error if the album project contains a folder, but no image has been chosen as the folder thumbnail.
- Minor changes to eliminate code no longer required in Java 8.
- Minor tweak to the UI loader.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 12.7.9
Version 2, Jun. 28, 2015
- Minor code improvement.
- The skin now requires Java 8.
Version 1.9, Jan. 25, 2015
- Online help documentation reorganized in order to provide faster page loading.
Version 1.8, Dec. 3, 2014
- Help links on settings tabs removed, and replaced with context-sensitive help links provided by the jAlbum core. The help link for each tab now appears in the top right corner of the settings window, rather than in the corner of the tab itself.
Version 1.7, Aug. 29, 2014
- Option to force processing of small images. If the dimensions of an image are already smaller than the dimensions specified under Album » Images » General » Image bounds » Images, jAlbum will not reprocess the image - the slide image will simply be a copy of the original image. Choosing this option will force jAlbum to process the image and save it using the quality specified under Album » Images » General » JPEG quality. This may result in a slide image with a smaller file size than the original, depending upon the quality chosen.
- Minor internal coding changes.
Version 1.6, Apr. 3, 2014
- Slide watermark panel removed from the user interface. jAlbum 12 provides this capability under Album » Settings » Effects » Text, so there is no need for the skin to duplicate it. The ability to produce watermarked thumbnails is retained, however, since the jAlbum core settings do not provide this capability.
Version 1.5, Feb. 3, 2014
- Help links on each settings tab, leading to the online user's manual.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 11.6.14.
Version 1.4, Aug. 18, 2013
- Updated documentation, including a users manual. Links to documentation are on the skin's "About" tab.
Version 1.3, Oct. 15, 2011
- Internal routines changed to avoid a situation in which no thumbnails are produced if another skin is chosen after using NoPages.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 10.10.8.
Version 1.2, Oct. 13, 2011
- Option to add a watermark to the generated slide images and/or thumbnail images, with choice of font, size, style, location, strength, and angle.
Version 1.1, May 19, 2011
- Internal routines changed to avoid page naming errors if another skin is chosen after using NoPages.
- This is the last version that is compatible with jAlbum 9.6.
Version 1.0, Dec. 21, 2010
- Initial release.
- The skin yields only slide images, thumbnails, and/or copies of the original images, with the folder structure determined by the project. No other files are created.
- The choices made under Album » Settings » Pages are ignored. The skin's actions are controlled by the checkboxes under Album » Settings » NoPages.
- If "Make slide images" is checked, images are processed (scaling and filters), and output to the "slides" directory of the output directory.
- If "Make thumbnails" is checked, thumbnails are output to the "thumbs" directory of the output directory.
- If "Copy originals" is checked, the original images are copied from their source locations to the output directory.
- Any combination of boxes may be chosen.
- If no boxes are checked, an output directory is created that contains only the skeletal folder structure of the project.