Saturn 40 User's Manual
Title Bar » Content & Style
- Index page title: The title bar on the index pages can be set to display the album title/name, the folder title/name (at the top level, this is same as the album title/name), or nothing.
- Include description/comment: If selected, the album description or folder comment is displayed below the album title/name or folder title/name.
- Banner style title bar: If selected, a full-width colored background is applied to the title area of index pages, and text colors are adjusted accordingly. If you use the Custom style, you can make your own color choices for the background and text, and apply a background texture. If you choose to show a theme image, below, the image will span the width of the browser window.
- Fixed-position banner: If selected, a banner style title bar will remain fixed at the top of the viewport, rather than scrolling out of sight when the visitor scrolls down through the thumbnails. On displays smaller than a low-end laptop, the title bar will return to normal scrolling behavior.
Title Bar » Logo Image
- Add / Remove: Click Add to select a logo image to display on each index page. Click Remove to remove the image.
- File: This field displays the name of the chosen file, but cannot be directly edited. To change a logo image, remove the existing one and add a new one.
- Logo on top level index page only: If selected, the logo will be displayed only on the top level index page, and not on the index pages for folders.
- Link to album home: If selected, the logo will be a clickable link to the top level of the album.
- Link to external site: If a URL is provided, the logo will be a clickable link to an external site.
- Tooltip: If the logo is a clickable link, this is the tooltip text displayed when the visitor hovers on the logo.
Title Bar » Theme Image
- Show theme images: If selected, the theme image chosen in the jAlbum Explore view will be shown on the album's index pages.
- Use...: These radio buttons control whether each folder will show its own theme image, or whether each folder will show the top-level theme image, or whether the theme image will be shown only at the top level of the album. In this last case, folders will display an ordinary title area, without any theme image.
- Height: Set the desired display height of the theme image.
- Width: If a banner style title bar is chosen, the theme image will be displayed at the full width of the browser window. This setting tells jAlbum what image bound width to use for scaling the theme image. If it is set at 1600px, for example, the theme image will appear in its actual size until the viewport width exceeds 1600px. In a wider viewport, the image will be enlarged to fill the banner title bar.
- Dimming: A graduated dimming or darkening layer is placed over the theme image in order to improve the readability of the album title and description that are displayed on top of it. This setting allows you to choose the degree of dimming, with a higher number being darker.
Layout » Title Bar » Title Bar Borders
- Theme image: If using a theme image, you may select the style of border - solid, double, or beveled - the width of the border, the amount of padding between the image and its border, the radius applied to the corners, the width of the shadow, and the opacity of the shadow. Setting the border width to 0px results in no border being applied, and setting the shadow width to 0px results in no shadow. Solid borders are generally visible at only 1px, double borders require a width of at least 3px-4px to be visible, and beveled borders require a width of at least 5px-6px to be visible. Depending upon the style, beveled borders often look better with the accompanying shadow set to 0px (i.e., removed).
- Banner: If a banner title bar is used, you may specify the width and opacity of a shadow applied to its lower edge. No borders are ever applied to a banner title bar, with or without a theme image.