Venus Release Notes
Version 6, Mar. 29, 2020
- Simplified handling of thumbnail sizes when fixed shape thumbnails are selected. This will have the effect of making fixed shape thumbnails larger than they were in prior releases (they'll actually be shown at their correct size now), so you might want to adjust the thumbnail image bounds downward in an existing project.
- A minor Floatbox update.
Version 5, Mar. 1, 2020
- Improved handling of links in info page text.
- Adjusted threshold for appearance of the "top of page" icon.
- More selective timestamping of output files.
Version 4, Feb. 15, 2020
- Corrected handling of image display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original, both with and without specifying HiDPI images. The skin can be used with jAlbum 17 or better, but for making albums with original images coupled with HiDPI images, jAlbum 19.3.2 or better is required.
- Corrected handling of video display limits when choosing Link to originals or Use original.
- jAlbum alpha channel color routines for title background tint replaced with eight-digit hex color codes.
- Corrected title bar sizing when no album description is present.
- Corrected handling of title bar when a theme image option is chosen (parallax or fixed), but no theme image is actually available.
Version 3, Feb. 3, 2020
- Option to include an info page.
- Some small code fixes.
Version 2.1, Jan. 31, 2020
- Corrected font family selection for slide title and comment.
Version 2, Jan. 18, 2020
- Improved handling of links in user-provided titles, comments, etc.
- A fix for an icon choice setting that refused to be saved with the project.
- Some code cleanup and efficiency improvements.
Version 1, Jan. 14, 2020
- Initial release.
- The skin produces a single-page album, with the objects in each of the project folders shown in a separate section on that one page, rather than each folder being shown on its own page.
- Designed for an album that shows, for example, images from Day 1 of the trip, Day 2 of the trip, and so on, each in its own group, but all on one index page.
- Also useful for an "album of albums" in which web locations may be grouped - for example, links to travel albums in one section, links to family albums in another.
- The project must consist of two or more folders, with no images at the top level (other than one to use as the theme image). Subfolders may not be included.
- Choice of parallax or fixed-height theme images, or no theme image.
- Produces fully responsive albums with swipe support.
- Option to use fixed-shape thumbnails or fully-justified, non-fixed-shape thumbnails.
- Supports JPG's, PNG's, GIF's (including animated GIF's), and MP4's. The display of each of these objects is fully responsive.
- Support is provided for Google fonts and WOFF files.
- Allows the user to insert custom CSS and index page text from within the user interface.
- Produces valid HTML5/CSS3: supports all current browsers.